Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Welcome

Hello everyone!

My name is Magdalena K. O'Mahony - Mags in short. I am working towards earning my MBA degree with Finance concentration at Montclair State University. Here is a little bit about me.


I was born and raised in Poland, lived in Ireland for a wee bit and then moved to the 'land of opportunities'. I started my education at Middlesex Country College earning an Associate Degree in Business Administration. I then continued my education at Montclair State University, or the place of enlightenment as i call it, graduating in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science with concentrations in Accounting and Business Management. Shortly after starting my carrier with Ernst & Young I passed the CPA exams and got licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in the State of New Jersey. Working for an Big4 public accounting company allowed me to get exposure to various industries, different aspects of the balance sheet, P&L, and cash flow statement, as well as control environment. I gained experience of the other side of the spectrum when I worked in the internal audit department at C.R. Bard, Inc., a medical device company. I was able to test various systems and IT general controls, visit domestic and international business units as well as get to know the manufacturing process of some of the company's product lines. I was also involved in compliance testing and some training activities. After a few years spent at  C.R. Bard, I took an Accountant III position at Hess Corporation. Some of my most valuable experiences at Hess include working in heavily outsourced environment in a supervisory function. I also got familiar and assisted in end user testing during application implementations and upgrades. One of the most interesting activities at the Company included projects outside the scope of my work that allowed me to get to know the industry and network with other employees. As I always wanted to continue my education, I decided to go back to school in pursuit of MBA degree. I am looking to graduate in the Spring of 2014. I set up this blog to share some experiences pertaining to the Strategic Information Systems course and work on developing my skills and knowledge about information technology, new trends and applications. 

I am always looking to better myself and my surroundings, whether it's by gaining knowledge, new experience or volunteering. I strongly believe in the meaning of this old Latin proverb: PER ASPERA AD ASTRA!

No comments:

Post a Comment