Tuesday, May 7, 2013

1-888-JUNK-VAN Case Study - Reflection


Dear Fellow C-Levels,

I apologize for not being present during our today’s decision meeting but I am discussing franchising opportunities for our business with potential business partners. I ask that you use this memo as my formal opinion and vote on the matter.
Let me begin by saying that I was really impressed by the 4e Consultants presentation mainly not because of its robustness but due to the fact that it changed my decision completely. I think you are aware that this is not an easy task to accomplish.

As you are aware, our business suffered some downfalls due to inability of our system to meet customer needs in a timely and error free fashion. I immediately discredited the options of using Microsoft Access, Custom Application or the Google Drive as I do not believe they will provide us with the solutions we seek and facilitate further growth of the company.  I was convinced that the PaaS package would satisfy our immediate and future requirements. I ignored the uncertainty related to the platform size as well as the extra costs associated with building and customizing the cost. I also was not appalled by the fact that we would not see the end result of the application until completion. I also believed that we are too small for an ERP system.

The Consulting team explained that not all ERP solutions are the same. Based on my research, ERP systems were designed for much bigger businesses than ours and would be too costly to implement. They have proved me wrong! According to what I have seen during the presentation, Sage 50 with Qutera cloud hosting and mobility access will meet our needs and facilitate for future growth. The one or two year options both cost below $5 thousand and will give us potential for further savings by possibly eliminating the bookkeeper and data clerk positions and replacing them with a junior accountant. I was impressed by the system functionality and ability. Based on that, it is my recommendation that we pursue Sage 50 with Qutera as our new system. Furthermore, the potential business partners I am meeting with today appear to have some experience with the application. I will therefore be looking forward to hearing more about the hands-on experience they have.

Best regards,
MKO

No comments:

Post a Comment